Friday, December 7, 2007

Telephones and Turkish Delight

Um, so I'm officially moving up in the world. I came into my "working station" this morning (more commonly known as a cubicle) and voila! I have a new upgraded phone that has caller ID and everything special on it! WOOHOO! I hope I learn how to use it. It came with an instruction manual next to it. Check it out!



It's so pretty...

Now you may be wondering, "What's the connection between new telephones and turkish delight?"

Well, nothing actually, except they are both semi-work related. Everyday, a few of us send out e-mails to one another reminding ourselves of the lunch hour. A co-worker, Tiffany, usually comes up with brilliant little reminders that are incredibly witty and mostly hilarious. Remember my entry on PCUSA superstars? (read below). Well, I think she's one, so when she's not around, I try to put on my witty hilarious skills and send out our lunch reminders. Today, I titled the e-mail, "Our Afternoon Delight" and then wrote, "Yum yum for our tum tums?" I thought it was clever.

Another fabulous co-worker then e-mailed me back saying that the title reminded her of turkish delight which she was now craving. I was like, "What is turkish delight? Is it like a meat? Kind of like a turkey?" So, I googled it. And there is the picture of the beautiful stuff... totally not what I imagined AT ALL. I should have remembered it from the "Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe" movie, but forgot. As I'm writing this right now, I realize that I might sound kind of "slow"... but come on people, be honest. If you totally didn't know, wouldn't you think more meat like substance for a turkish delight? Anyone? Am I really the only one?

1 comment:

Noelle said...

I actually had the opposite problem with mincemeat pie. Had NO idea it was meat, despite the fact that "meat" is a part of the word "mincemeat."

Talk about slow.