Tuesday, December 4, 2007

PCUSA Superstar

My goal one day is totally to become a PCUSA Superstar. I want to become one and I want to stand in front of the General Assembly one day and be like Mary Katherine Gallagher (played by Molly Shannon) in the movie "Superstar" with one knee bent, arms toward the sky, and yelling, "I'm a Presbyterian Superstar!!" Ok, I understand this is slightly ridiculous, but I'm surrounded by and friends with so many people who I actually call PCUSA Superstars that I can only aspire. However, I believe I am truly on my way. See the picture to your right? That's me on the PCUSA website. Granted, it's because I'm an intern and not because I've done anything particularly special, but still! I'm on my way! You can check out links and more info: http://www.pcusa.org/nvo/youngadultinterns/yai.htm.

The real question is, do I really want that kind of fame, and even more curious... why? I'm obviously not going into ministry for the glory of it... I'm embarrassed half the time to tell folks that I got my masters degree in "divinity" which sounds strange to those who have no idea what one would do with a masters of divinity. Maybe I just want to be a PCUSA superstar because in my heart of hearts, I just want to do the motion of "SUPERSTAR!" Yeah, that's probably it.

No comments: