Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sharing Joys and Concerns

I have to share the sweet sweet story of one of my third graders today.

So, every week in worship, we have a time where we share our joys and concerns and then we pray together. The younger kids especially love this time.

I was online today and Rachel, one of the third graders, chatted with me and asked me if I could pray for her and her school because apparently they've shut down for 8 days due to some of the kids at the school having swine flu (this thing is really spreading fast in California).

Anyway, I told her that I'd definitely be praying and thanks for letting me know.

She wrote, "Thanks Pastor Irene! So how are you? Do you have any joys or concerns?"

This touched my heart. I loved it. I love that she feels cared for, and then also feels compelled to care for others as well.

:)

Just wanted to share that with you all today.

1 comment:

Cat Lady of Carmel said...

Thank you for sharing and starting my day with a smile!

Jayne