Thursday, April 23, 2009

Missing Halmoni

It's been a couple of years now since my grandma passed on, and yet, I still have these moments of deep sadness. I mentioned in a blog last year about how so many stories were lost with her death that I never got to hear and that were never told or shared.
Anyway, the emotions were triggered this time in Target. Mother's Day is coming up, and me being the on top of it person with cards that I am, :), was looking through them to find cards for my mom and my aunts and friends who are moms.
Then I saw the ones for grandmas...
I sent my grandma cards for EVERYTHING... even St. Patty's day...and I was really really sad that I wasn't going to buy a card for her this Mother's Day. It's weird how little things trigger those emotions and memories deep within you.
Anyway, I have to post this picture of her again. I have it framed in my apartment. It's my favorite picture of her because I think so much of her spirit shows in it. She's wearing a t-shirt that all of us grandkids made for her on Mother's Day and it's a picture of all of us and says #1
Grandma. :)
Halmoni, bo go ship uh yo... Grandma, I miss you.


2 comments:

Cat Lady of Carmel said...

What a great photo! Even though the sad moments come from time to time, the good memories and the joy of having known and loved someone remain forever close to our hearts. May your Mother's Day be filled with joyful moments.

Take care.
Love,
Jayne

Mama V said...

I've remembered this photo from before and it always brings tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing the stories about your Halmoni over and over again...