Thursday, April 9, 2009

Journeying through Holy Week



I've been journeying through the season of Lent and now through this Holy Week for the first time as a pastor... and I wanted to share that it has been such an incredible, different, and wonderful experience. I can't help but feel completely blessed right now. It is absolutely jammed with "busy," and at the same time, jammed with a joy I can't express fully.

As I enter into the final days and now it's officially "crunch time".... as I finish preparing for our Good Friday service tomorrow and the Easter sermon for our sunrise service... as I get ready to prepare dinner and decorate Easter eggs with the kids on Saturday, I feel like I should be stressed out, and instead, I want to shed tears of honestly feeling the grace of God pour over me.

Emotionally, it's been such a rough couple of months, and going through the motions of this season as a pastor has brought me a different resurrection from any other year. For that I'm so thankful.

Deep peace to all of you as we journey through the rest of this holy Holy Week.

1 comment:

Cat Lady of Carmel said...

Sounds like many prayers for you have been answered.

Have a very Happy Easter and may you carry the joy with you throughout the coming year.

Take care.

Love,
Jayne