Monday, September 29, 2008

Pockets of joy



It has officially been about one month since I moved here to California. In some ways, it feels MUCH longer and in some ways, it feels like it's only been one month.

Thanks to everyone with their encouraging words with my former post about Irene & Loneliness. I'm still lonely and I have days where I crave "outside church" company, but today, I want to share a pocket of joy I do have. See this pic of youth girls? Yep, although not all of them, this is some of the youth I have the privilege of ministering with and to... They are a GREAT, loud, fun bunch and most of them are in junior high, so it will be really fun to see them grow up in the next few years. I forgot what it's like to be around youth on such a regular basis, and I have to say that in a lot of ways, they are my saving grace in those times when I feel really blegh. Their energy and the fact that they are looking to me to be there for them and lead them reminds me of how much I have been given and how much I want to give back.

It sounds cheesy and corny, but these days, I have to find those little pockets of joy. I'm happy to say and show you one of those pockets. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You keep finding those pockets wherever you can! Be open to them at all times. It is obvious that you are where you are meant to be. Keep up the good work and thank you for keeping us posted!

Love,
Jayne