Saturday, September 6, 2008

In California!

Um, guess what everyone?

I now live in Sunnyvale, California.

So, God is good and I found a place to live that I love. It has absolutely no furniture inside of it and right now I'm sleeping on an air mattress, but I love it and it will be exciting over the months to slowly add things to it. Which means my housewarming won't be until sometime in November or December... Oh well!

I have officially begun my role as an associate pastor at Daesung Presbyterian Church (see picture). Tomorrow is actually my first Sunday, so first sermon, and in a lot of cases, meeting folks for the first time. This is when I wish I had a great memory for faces and names. Especially Korean names.

I am SUPER excited because Jen and Analise are coming in today to help me settle in some more! HURRAY! I actually miss Louisville a lot in so many ways... I think particularly the community and wonderful friends ways... Analise and Jen threw me a wonderful sending and blessing and as I sat there seeing everyone who showed up, I was surprised at how many folks I had the privilege of meeting and knowing in the course of one year.

Anyway, I've hit the ground running and will continue to do so! Please if you think of me whisper a quick prayer as I adjust to a new life and new work. Ordination is October 18 in Utah and Installation is tentatively November 2 in California!

Loves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! My prayers are always with you.

Jayne

T said...

Hey chica!

Please keep us updated on your ordination. Congratulations!

Theresa