Wednesday, March 12, 2008

thumbs up


Um, I'm giving myself a thumbs up right now b/c it might somehow mean that I'm a winner... I need this affirmation from my own thumb (and my good friend Alex's thumb) to remind myself that I am not a loser.
Need some context?
Got rejected at yet ANOTHER job possibility today. Dude.
It's hard to keep a good attitude going when you've been rejected over and over for approximately one year. No, I'm not kidding. Maybe I'm just not looking in right places, in the right situations, in the right contexts, but seriously folks. Oh, and I know it's true, but I really do hate it when people tell you that this is going to be worth it and that I'll look back at this time with perhaps "relief" because when I find the right call, it will totally be amazing. I semi-believe that, but why can't I just say, "THIS SUCKS" because it really does suck right now.
So, yeah, giving myself a thumbs up to remind myself that hey, another rejection still might mean that I'm okay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

suck it does. you are not alone in the search though, it is tragic how few recent grads have been able to find a place in the church. I was just having that conversation with someone yet again earlier tonight...

Leanne said...

Cliche, yes...
but, hang in there. the right call will come along. i'm living proof of that...I worked as a sub for a year! But the right call came along, and now i'm just happy as a clam. :-)
Keep your head up!

Revkang said...

interesting... since the saying goes.."sitting here with my thumb up my butt."
or did i just make that up?
craziness.
great seeing you this past weekend.
trudge on
sometimes when you "seek great warrior"
you actually "seek yoda."
"wisdom is strong in this one"

lol. i wonder if you can find backdated comments? if not.. it's a little surprise for you if you peruse your back entries...