Thursday, January 10, 2008

Waiting

O Lord, my heart is not lifted up, my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me.
But I have calmed & quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul is like the weaned child with me.
O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time on and forevermore.
(Psalm 131)

If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light around me become night," even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is as bright as the day, for darkness is as light to you.
(Psalm 139:11-12)

I find that the beauty of scripture is that many times, faithful voices from the past express EXACTLY how you feel. I am really feeling those verses right now...it was sort of weird, actually. Suddenly, it was like I was craving scripture. I was literally drinking in the words of Psalm 139:1-18...verses that I always return to when I need the reminder that I am God's beloved daughter. The thing is, my heart has not been lifted up, but slowly and surely I have finally come to a quiet waiting time. It's the most hopeful I've felt in a while, so I thought I'd share.

Hope peace finds you today.

No comments: