Thursday, December 18, 2008

In the middle of a busy season...

Ah, Advent.

Everyone always said that the Advent Season is busy for pastors, but I honestly didn't expect it to be THIS busy. :). Maybe I like to fool myself. In the next few days before Christmas, we have church celebrations, a choir concert where I've been asked to do some narration, I'm preaching on Sunday, meetings, and a Youth Winter Retreat that I'm leading. Oh, and then there's the Christmas Eve service and caroling. It feels overwhelming, and yet, I find myself joyful and at peace.

What a gift!

Anyway, here's a picture taken last night... a teenager, Rebecca and a preschooler, Esther and me. THIS is part of why I still feel so joyful and at peace.

Continued blessings in this Advent Season everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU are busy with all the right things unlike others who are busy with frivalous things. Continue to be joyful in all you do!

Merry Christmas!

Love,
Jayne